MCCD will begin taking applications for its 5-year forgivable loans for down payment and closing costs immediately. Applications for the program should be available through a local lender who participates in this program. Applications are only taken through participating lenders. If you are not currently working with a lender, here are a few of our recommendations. Please let them know we referred you to them:
- Marc Kamp- First Mid IL Bank and Trust- 300 St. Louis St., Edwardsville, IL email@example.com, 618-972-4423
- Dave Toby- FCB Edwardsville Bank, 6659 Center Grove Rd, Edwardsville,IL firstname.lastname@example.org, 618-530-0111
- Justin Huneke- Bank of Springfield, 2160A South State Route 157, Glen Carbon, IL jhuneke@bankwithBOS.com
- John McDole- Bank of Edwardsville, 330 West Vandalia, Edwardsville,IL email@example.com, 618-567-5709
- James Wing- New American Funding, 2 Club Centre Court, Suite 3, Glen Carbon, IL firstname.lastname@example.org, 618-406-9821
A home inspection and homebuyer counseling are required. Lists of participating inspectors and approved counseling agencies are available through your lender or this office.
The primary objective of the HOMEbuyer Program is to increase the home ownership rate, especially among lower income and minority households, with the ultimate goals of revitalizing and stabilizing communities. The HOMEbuyer Program assists with one of the largest obstructions to home ownership — the down payment and closing costs — by providing funds for down payment and closing costs to eligible individuals.
To be eligible for program assistance, individuals must be a first-time home buyer with low to moderate income interested in purchasing single-family housing. Households that qualify for program assistance must have total household income that does not exceed 80 percent of area median income.
Depending on the individual or household income, financial assistance up to $5,000 may be available.